Send Money to Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could use your smart phone to pay anyone immediately? Now you can—pay a babysitter, a friend you owe for lunch, send a birthday surprise for a loved one. It’s a cash transfer that is quick, safe, easy, and so simple!
With People Pay all you need is their email or phone number. It works through your TBOB Mobile App or you can use your desktop to access it through online banking.
Let’s Get Started!
To Register (this must be done from your desktop):
- Login to your online banking account.
- Navigate to “Money Movement” in the top navigation bar and choose People Pay.
- Follow the instructions to register (it’s very fast and easy).
Once registered, you can access People Pay from your desktop AND from your mobile phone. Just login to your TBOB mobile App on your smart phone and hit the big green button with the plus sign. You will find the People Pay button on the next screen.
If you should encounter any issues during setup, please contact us at 802-442-8121 for assistance.
FAQsWhat is People Pay?
People Pay is a quick and easy way to send and receive money between individuals securely. You will use our TBOB Mobile Banking App on your phone or our online banking portal on your desktop. All you need is an e-mail address and/or mobile phone number for the recipient.
How does it work?
You can send money in one of the following ways:
- Direct deposit: If you know the recipient’s bank routing number and account number, you can use direct deposit. This is the fastest and easiest way for someone to receive money from you. Funds are deposited directly into the recipient’s bank account from your account at The Bank of Bennington.
- Email: You can send funds using the recipient’s email address. The recipient receives an email with instructions to claim the payment and they direct the funds into the bank account of their choice.
- Mobile number: You can send funds with a recipient’s mobile phone number. The recipient receives a text message with instructions to claim the payment and they direct the funds into the bank account of their choice.
What is required to use it?
Using just an e-mail address or mobile phone number for the recpient, you can send money to almost anyone, anywhere in the U.S. Easily send money to your child away at college, your niece for a birthday gift, or your friend who bought you lunch earlier today.
Are there any fees to use People Pay?
Yes, there is a 1.50 processing fee per transaction within People Pay. Standard message and data rates from your wireless carrier may apply. There are no additional charges for the person receiving the money.
Is People Pay secure?
Rest assured, People Pay is secure with the same advanced security features you enjoy with our online banking.
How do I enroll?
To use the People Pay service, you must first enroll online using your desktop computer. Log into online banking from the home page (or click here). Navigate to “Payments” in the top navigation bar and choose “People Pay”. Follow the registration instructions.
What accounts are available to use?
All your The Bank of Bennington checking accounts can be used to send money, including HSA Checking accounts for medical expense payments.
Do my contacts need to be enrolled in People Pay?
No, your contacts do not need to be enrolled with People Pay in order to receive a payment.
How long does it take for payment to be received?
Depending on the delivery method chosen, it will take 1-3 business days. Delivery methods include:
- Send to email address/mobile number with the contact choosing how they wish to receive the funds (to their bank or PayPal account)
- Send to the contact’s bank account with the sender providing the bank routing number and account number
Is there a time limit for the transaction to take place?
Yes, a payment will expire in 10 calendar days if left unclaimed by the person you send it to.
Can I send money to someone outside the United States?
No, People Pay does not support international transactions at this time.
Are there limits on transactions that can be made?
There is a per transaction limit of $2,000.00 and a per business day limit of $4,000.00. There are no limits as to the number for people you can send to in one day. For example, you can send 2 people $2000 each, or 8 people $500 each.